Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] beginner,question on jinning

In a message dated 8/3/2003 9:09:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I recently saw a picture of a tree that was completely jinned.NO bark was
left
on the trunk at all.Would this be safe for the tree? If not how much can be
jinned? You can just e-mail me.
Thanks in advance.

It wasn't all jin, there was a lifeline. Or, it might have been a Phoenix
graft. A dead piece of wood is put in front and a live tree wired to the
back. I watched Jim Smith help a club member create one of these a few months
back. It might have even made it to the Florida Convention.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++