Old 04-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Noydb

Default Compost ingredients?

John DeBoo wrote:

I'll probably go the 'pallet' route as I can get several for free by
asking at Lowes or Home Depot, any of the lumber type stores.
Sometimes they are not the best but they'll work. I've gotten them
in the past for use under my firewood pile.

I work in Westland, MI. I can get you all you want just for the picking up.

It grinds my guts but we have been throwing away 5/4 oak pallets the past
couple of weeks. That is, the runners and bottom boards are 1 1/4 inch
thick solid oak and the top is 5/8 exterior plywood. Makes me sick just
thinking about it. A couple weeks ago my car caught fire and I have to ride
my bike for now. By the time I get wheels under me again, likely the oak
will be gone. :-(

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)