Old 04-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Franz Heymann

Default sunday noise

"Charlie" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
I am afraid that the absorption coefficient for sound under normal
atmospheric conditions is not very wavelength-dependent and does not

explain
why brass instruments sound so loud. They sound loud because they

really
can produce a hefty sound intensity.

I wasn't talking about Brass, I was talking about bass frequencies.

Please substitute bass for brass and my statement would be even more nearly
correct. Bass instruments generally produce orders of magnitude more sound
intensity than instruments whose gamuts occupy smaller wavelengths...... But
this is far removed from gardening.......

[Franz Heymann]

Charlie.