Old 04-08-2003, 09:22 AM

Default Ants

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:52:49 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

~On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:34:55 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Dixon"
wrote:
~
~They're flying - en-mass in my garden - Hoghton nr Preston, Lancashire -
~this afternoon
~
~None seen here further south; maybe I've missed them this year, but my
~Dad used to call it "flying ant Sunday". It is usually last Sunday in
~July or first in Aug. Why Sunday? No idea but it always seems to be
~so!
~
~Pam in Bristol

I was in Weymouth for the weekend and was covered with the things
during Sunday morning. My hosts said that they'd been flying all week,
building up to Sunday.

--
jane

Mark Twain