Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default Labels

That's what I'm using these days - if I have the time or can talk my
daughter into sticking them to the tags!

It looks great and seems to last forever.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
Dave,

I have been using the Brother P-touch label maker for over a year now.

You
can buy different color tapes for the machine for different color
backgrounds.

I use the clear or the white label tapes. Once you type in the name of

the
plant you can make multiple copies. The tapes do not fade or peel off the
labels if they are applied to clean dry plant labels.

I agree it is tedious pulling the backing off the tape. If you are doing

few labels I find this a great investment. I guess you could print off

the
30-50 labels you want and sit in front of TV at night preparing the labels
for next day's potting activity.

Good growing,
Gene

"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
I have a question that may be obvious... In as much as an unlabelled

orchid
is pretty but of little value to anyone I have tried to be very careful
about labeling my plants and making sure they don't become unreadable

over
time (#2 pencil seems the most effective). I would like to make my

labels
more attractive and more readable. Is there a system to print labels

like
nurserymen use? I've tried using a tape label machine but that is

tedious
even for a single upgrading of a compot. Is there a printing system
suitable for making 30-50 labels at a time? If not, I think there might

be
a market for such an item. Thanks - Dave