Old 01-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Richard

Default Big Boy or Better Boy tomatoes

"Andy N" wrote in
:

I will repost this message because previous post must have gotten lost
in the (tomato) header because I didn't get any response to it. I am
hoping some of you gardeners have grown both Big Boy and Better Boy
tomatoes and I would like your opinion(s) on what your preferences are.
I have to drastically cut down on the size of my garden and will have
room for only a few tomato plants. I'll definitely plant Early Girl,
Sweet 100 (cherry) and either Big Boy or Better Boy depending on your
recommendations. Thanks

Have grown both (in Nebraska). Better Boy was definitely an improvement -
held up better in the hot summer, more consistent crop (for Big boy, had
extremes of large and small, Better boy had large and medium sized
tomatoes).