Old 04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default almost black water

"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
m...
Rich,
Does a pond EVER get to the point where it is clear and one can just
enjoy it, or do we always have cycling back and forth between clear
and clouded? I understand the theory of wait it out(and I agree), but
is there a light at the end of the tunnel?!?

snip

My pond was infested with orange/clay water. I tried filters, flocculants,
etc. I didn't listen to advice to leave it alone. Then I got busy with work,
took a few days off to go camping, and wouldn't ya know...gin clear water.
The most important pond rule, IMHO, once you have everything in place, and
assuming you have proper filtration...STOP MESSING WITH THE DAMN POND!!! As
simple as that.

I messed with mine this weekend. Moved some plants around, got in and pruned
a few, etc. Now I have cloudy orange water again. I ignored the SMWTDP rule,
and now I can't see my fish. Why am I smiling? Because I know I can SMWTDP
and it will soon be crystal clear.

BV aka The SMWTDP Man