Old 04-08-2003, 03:03 PM
The Reid

Default Borage (Off Topic - Top Posting discussion)

Following up to mbb

Sorry to go off-topic - if anyone can point us to authorative Newsgroup
etiquette sources, that would be appreciated.

I don't think you need it, your on the right track. Only include what
ties your comment in to the thread. (My last post had everything in it
as the mix of top and bottom posting was part of the point).

I think one of the reasons people don't do this is that they are using
a newsreader that does not allow you to:-
highlight that which you wish to reply to, then press reply
the reply is then set up with the quoted text ready to go.
The other thing that bad newsreaders don't do is automatically strip
out sig files, especially because they don't allow "-- " to be
included (truncating the blank) thereby stopping even good newreaders
like Agent from recognising the sig file.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso