Old 04-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Dee

Default Bindweed problem

I use a touch weeder (lipstick like) and dab on any new shoots that I see.
Digging up is only an option where shrubs trees etc do not get in the way.
I also has some success in filling jam jars half full of weed killer and
placing the first couple of feet of the plant in them with the lid on to
stop spillage and dilution from the rain. This worked for me and although I
cannot pretend to have a bindweed free garden I have not had to treat
anything longer that a couple of feet for at least 3 years and have not seen
a bindweed flower for longer than that

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
""Ellen Connell" ] wrote in message
k...
The easiest way to get rid of it?
--