Old 04-08-2003, 03:32 PM
David Hill

Default Quick question on Round Up

". If that method of application is not on the label, I strongly recommend
it not be used in that way. Round up is a systemic pesticide and I wouldn't
use it for
anything, certainly not with my latex covered hand. Who knows if it would
break down the latex? I may be alarmist, but if you have the glove on and
all, how
bout watering the night before and pulling weeds out? ."

Even undiluted it wont break the gloves down in a day, and if you are really
worried you could always industrial or heavy duty Kitchen gloves under the
woollen or cotton one.

I don't think it mentions using a watering can to apply either.

I have used the glove method with various weed killers over around 40 years
with no problems.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries