Old 04-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default morning glory??

"wrrn" wrote:

I have a vine which showed up and started to grow aggressively. It even
began strangling other plants. I estimate that it grew 8 feet in two weeks!
I live in coastal Southern California.
It looks like morning glory flowers, but the leaves do not, however I'm only
familiar with the standard species.

The "standard varieties" are cultivars that are selected for use in the
garden. The wild species is commonly called bindweed when growing where
it is not wanted. It is difficult to kill since each piece of root will
form a new plant. A horticulturist at Longwood Gardens had some in an
asparagus bed. He put on a plastic glove with a cotton glove over it
and applied round up to the bindweed without getting it on the
asparagus. After a couple applications he succeeded.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman