Old 04-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Quick question on Round Up

wrote:
Instead of using a sponge why not use gloves?
You put on light surgical rubber gloves then woollen or cotton glove over,
then just dip your hand into the Weed killer mix, close your hand to get rid
of excess liquid, and then draw your hand over the weeds you want to kill.

animaux wrote:
If that method of application is not on the label, I recommend it not
be used.

The label for Roundup specifies rates and mixes but not the equipment.
The technique of applying with a cotton glove over a rubber glove is a
standard technique that has been recommended to me by our county agents
and horticulturists at Longwood Gardens. One very successful use of
this method was to eliminate bindweed from an asparagus patch. If you
pull bindweed, each piece of root forms a new plant. The Roundup
applied with a cotton glove over a latex glove worked great.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman