Old 04-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Shiva

Default Cane Borers

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:33:39 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

Anne,

The situation is a "chicken and egg" sort of thing. The worst borer
damage is on the roses that died from canker. But does that mean the
borers contributed to the cause of death, or that they moved in as the
canes died of canker? I think it is the latter, but wanted to be sure.

I finally have the heart to resume my regular preventive Orthenex
spraying, and this stuff apparently does not touch borers, as I have
always had them. If the problem IS part borer damage, I want to treat
it. I have lost enough roses this year, and want to start off right
for next year. Everybody has new growth and I have cleaned up the bs
pretty well, so the time is right.