Old 05-08-2003, 01:47 AM
kathy king kathy king is offline
Registered User

Thumbs down evil bamboo

Hate to say this but-we have had bamboo for 25 yeas and it is a great privacy hedge and exotic--but is it the PLANT FROM HELL. Our entire yard is lined with it. We have no barriers and it is coming up 50+ feet away in our nieghbor's yard, pushes up our brick patio, and the only way you can dig it out is with a hatchet and lots of muscle. We have resorted to using the most nasty killers on it--and it only slows the spread down. I question whether or not a barrior would be able to control it. do your research!!!!!

There is a specialty nursery on the East side for bamboo I have seen advertised--but I'd be VERY leary of bamboo in my yard. Nerver again!