Old 05-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default morning glory??

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:

Bindweed is the common name for Convolvulus arvensis not Ipomoea.

There are three kinds of Convolvulus or Bindweed in our native flora:
the Field, Hedge, and the Sea Convolvulus. We have also many southern
species growing in our gardens, chief among which are the handsome
Morning Glory (Ipomea purpurea Linn.), C. purpureus, a native of Asia,
with large purple flowers, and the pretty little annual, C. minor, a
native of southern Europe, its cheerful flowers a combination of blue,
yellow and white.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman