Old 05-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Beecrofter

Default Does anyone know what this is??

(Traci) wrote in message . com...
I have an unidentifiable insect(?) in my flowerbed. I've been
searching the web and these posts for days but haven't found anything.

I first noticed some very small black things on the leaves of some of
the plants. They can be scratched off. They are round and flat and
hard. Then I noticed these cone shaped things almosts covering the
dirt in the bed. At first I thought it was just a growth or something
because of all the rain we've had. Each cone holds many of these
small black discs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a
photo for anyone who needs to see.

Thanks,
Traci

Artillery Fungus