Old 05-08-2003, 04:16 AM
animaux

Default Enchanting visit with Madgardener

That's the Maddie! One of these days when we take drive through the Tennesee
hills, we will stop at the ridge or the bottom of something...! I forget how
Mad puts it. It sounds like a beautiful place and I'm glad you got to see it.

Any photos?

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:01:54 -0500, "Gloria" wrote:

Last week my DH and I had the opportunity to visit Madgardener and see her
fairy gardens. We were totally enchanted by her. We could have stayed a week
just listening to her talk. She is amazing and it was so wonderful to see
all the things she has written about on here. I felt like I had been there
before, many times. She has taken me on this tour of her gardens many, many
times through her writings on here, and those tours have been wonderful. But
to see all of that with her right there, was nothing short of enchantment.
It was a day that will always and forever be remembered and each time I
recall it, I will be filled with peace, warmth and happiness.
Everything was exactly as she has described only better...including
Rose....what a sweet dog...and Sugar is so full of puppiness, what a
delight. We met all five of her cats and even the one who went to live with
the neighbor who needed a cat more than Maddie.
She loaded us up with all kinds of plants and we have been busy planting and
trying to remember what each one is...one that is unforgettable is the Glory
Bower, the leaves smell just like peanut butter and the flowers smell so
sweet.
Just wanted to thank her on here for the extremely enjoyable visit and to
let you guys know that Madgardener is real, (her name fits perfectly , the
fairy gardens and the not so secret garden are real. She is the Enchantress
that stands guard over it all, and also to attest that she *has* been
published, I saw it myself.
Maddie, thank you for a wonderful day, and for your generous hospitality. We
can't wait for the next time.

Gloria

---