Old 05-08-2003, 04:16 AM
animaux

Default Quick question on Round Up

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:29:42 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

". If that method of application is not on the label, I strongly recommend
it not be used in that way. Round up is a systemic pesticide and I wouldn't
use it for
anything, certainly not with my latex covered hand. Who knows if it would
break down the latex? I may be alarmist, but if you have the glove on and
all, how
bout watering the night before and pulling weeds out? ."

Even undiluted it wont break the gloves down in a day, and if you are really
worried you could always industrial or heavy duty Kitchen gloves under the
woollen or cotton one.

I don't think it mentions using a watering can to apply either.

I have used the glove method with various weed killers over around 40 years
with no problems.

And I have been gardening organically for over 30 years (gee, that seems so old)
and I've never used Round Up for anything. However, if I ever did use it, I
would not make up my own ways of using it. It is labeled for use and it is best
to use it the way it is instructed on the label.

They do sell Round Up Foam now. It's a bit easier to handle, but if it gets on
anything else near it, it will cause damage to it or kill the plant you don't
want to kill. It also kills micro organisms and flora in the soil.

It's not as innocuous as you make it sound.

Victoria