Old 05-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default morning glory??

Good for you, Steverino.

The only problem is that none of that is relevant to the original question
that was asked by Warren.

Also the genera Convolvulus and Ipomoea are NOT synonymous.

Stephen M. Henning wrote in message
news
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:

Bindweed is the common name for Convolvulus arvensis not Ipomoea.

There are three kinds of Convolvulus or Bindweed in our native flora:
the Field, Hedge, and the Sea Convolvulus. We have also many southern
species growing in our gardens, chief among which are the handsome
Morning Glory (Ipomea purpurea Linn.), C. purpureus, a native of Asia,
with large purple flowers, and the pretty little annual, C. minor, a
native of southern Europe, its cheerful flowers a combination of blue,
yellow and white.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman