Old 05-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Michael Berridge

Default Help Needed : From A Newbie

Angel Child wrote in message ...
Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while )

I have a problem and I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help.

Went away for a couple of weeks and on my return found my Spearmint

looking
very sorry for itself. It "was" about 18inches tall, bushy, in a large

pot
and well used. On my return it had lost most of its leaves (all brown

and
dropped off) and the ones that were still attached to the plant had a

kind
of white blotchiness to them. I decided the best course of action was

cut it right back to about an inch and whilst doing that discovered

lots of
little bugs. Very weird looking things. At first i thought they were

beige
coloured spiders but looking more closely they resemble tiny crabs! Ive
tried desperately on the net to find a picture of something that looks

like
these things (no luck). Now i really dont know whether to treat it

with a
pesticide (taking into account that i use the leaves quite a lot in

cooking)
or whether just to leave it and see what happens.

Possibly red spider mite if they are very small. Despite its name red
spider mite is not red, but is beige.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk