Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Dwayne

Default Winter Squash Harvest

Also, remember to leave 2 to 10 inches of stem on each squash when you pick
it. It helps keeps the squash from spoiling. If it accidentally breaks
off, they will still store for a month or so, put set them aside to be used
first.

I just today, picked up 6 winter squash and one pumpkin that I had entered
in the county fair. I raised them all last summer and picked them just
before freezing.

Dwayne

"George" wrote in message
First year to plant winter squash. What is the optimum time, or
condition of the plants, to harvest? I'm in metro Denver, CO. If this
has previously been addressed, I missed it.