Old 05-08-2003, 07:12 AM
jane

Default Raspberry Problem

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:33:28 +0100, "Neil Williams"
wrote:

~Bought new canes last year, all went fine they had a small amount of fruit
~on them, cut them down after fruiting but this year they have loads of
~foliage but not one flower, any ideas.
~
~
daft questions: please excuse me if you have grown raspberries for years
before...
Are they summer fruiting or autumn? and did you cut all canes to the ground
including the new ones or just cut away the fruited ones?

If they're summer and you cut all the canes out, then there will be no new
ones to fruit this year.

If you just cut out the fruited ones and you currently have a mixture of
last year's wood and this year's wood then I have no idea!

--
jane

Mark Twain