Old 05-08-2003, 07:42 AM
Luke Tulkas

Default [IBC] Reiner the Bear

"Craig Cowing" wrote in message
I didn't quite agree with Reiner's assessment of the tree, but I

wouldn't have gone
nearly as far as Luke in his characterization of Reiner's work.

Reiner's _WORK_?!? I specificaly said it's not his work, but rather

his
_attitude_ that I don't like.

It was a generalization at best,

Generalization?

About his styling of trees. I've never seen all of his trees,

Neither did I.

only those he's
posted pictures of.

Right. That's why I said "those that he shows ".

If Reiner is enamored with the informal upright style, so
what?
I have trees in a number of different styles, but my favorite is a

sort of
spreading "live oak style." After time many people, I'm told,

gravitate towards a
few favorite species that they have an affinity for. Big deal.

and at worst bordered on insulting.

Insulting? Possibly. Which makes me wonder why didn't you shout
"insulting" when Reiner proposed an "exchange" of a (pretty decent)

pot
for a Nachtgeschirr?

Because I understand the give and take of the gallery.

You do? I don't think so. Some people in IBC are "allowed" more than
other people.

Walter always, it seems,
asks for virtuals and suggestions. Reiner gave him both.

It's not his virtuals, man!

Geez, don't get your shorts in a twist over this.

Don't worry about my shorts. ;-)

I simply don't understand the
overreaction.

If there's some overreaction, then it has to be the Nachtgeschirr.

Walter Pall can certainly stand some criticism of his trees.

But of course. I had no intention of "defending" _him_. I just responded
to Reiner's postings. Had they been mine I'd surely "collect" Jim's
threats like, as a matter of fact, I did on account of my initial
posting. His buddy, one Reiner G., is of course excused.