Old 05-08-2003, 09:02 AM
The Reid

Default Borage

Following up to anne

Yes, but i'll try top posting here to see how it works.

Do most of you bottom post to emails aswell?

Agreed, not in the scale of things

Think about it... firstly it really *does not matter*, but secondly if someone happens to catch a thread
mid discussion, a lot of it will have been [snipped] anyway, therefore they
will probably download the whole thread if it is of particular interest to
them (I have done it myself).

Not snipping the irrelevant is as bigger "crime" as top posting

I personally prefer top postings - it saves me
scrolling through old and read text just to read "I agreee" or "I disagree".

launching into reading an answer to which I don't know the question
often means I pass on without bothering to find out what its all
about, same goes for posts with yards of quoted material before
anything is added. (these are general comments as I only post to this
group occasionally when I need sorting out with the allotment)
Bloody foreigners? Middle class Brits???? Yes a pleasant pastime for
all, whatever class or nationality.

For the guy who doesn't read top postings (was some bloody foreigner I
think - even worse than a middle class brit) then you are definitely up
yourself... this is UK gardening... a pleasant passtime?!

| Yes - copiously.

Why do poeple like the answer before the question? :-)

--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso