Old 05-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Jim W

Default Barbeque recommendation

Richard Kerry wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a good quality barbeque?

I am looking for a new charcoal type barbeque, we currently have a small
Webber kettle barbeque which is falling to bits plus it's a little on the
small side? Our criteria is; industrial strength/robust/heavy duty, large
cooking area, charcoal ONLY................and a good quality manufacturer
would be great as well!

Alternatively, are there any supplies who can offer the oil drum barbeque
kits?

Any ideas much appreciated.

kind regards,
Richard

Weber.. Very well built.. German manufacturing demands it;-)
Look for occasional end of season special offers.. 'Kettles' are ood
as the lid can be used to really keep the heat in.. Ensuring food *is*
cooked;-)

FOr large temp bbq's just build a 'brick range' and use 2 layers of wire
mesh to bring up the level.. one for charcoal one for grilling the food
above it.
See http://www.chadahs.plus.com/PHOTO/BB...s/bbq00034.jpg for a
rough idea. Good if you have the room..

For small temperature BBQ's a few bricks double wrapped in foil make an
excellent portable (for vehicular transport anyway!) BBQ.. All you need
is a bit of grill to complete.

Image is from summer BBQ of from our allotment site.

Alternativley look for DIY plans on the web.

//
Jim