Old 05-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Neil Jones

Default glyphosate and vegetables

Martin Brown wrote in message ...
In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , PA
writes
I was also going for a "organic" approach, would glyphosate contradicted
that?

Glyphosate or any of its derivatives are not acceptable for use in
organic food production. Commercial growers are banned from using it.
Recreational growers can do as they wish, but the resulting crops are
not recognised as organic grown.

Organic(TM) produce is primarily a marketing scheme to separate the
worried well and others with an irrational fear of "chemicals" from more
of their cash for substantially the same product.

You are completely wrong about this. I have no irrational fear of
chemicals.
I would support organics because the opposite idea intensive
agrigulture is causing sever habitat and the loss of much of our
native wildlife.

No irrational fear just a rational response to a problem.

Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn
Bog National Nature Reserve