Old 05-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Above ground swimming pools

"bnd777" wrote in
:
"Oliver Keating" wrote in
message ...
I am looking around for an above ground swimming pool, now that the
sun

has
come out.

Are you really prepared for the upkeep of a pool ?????
They are hard work for what?????a few days each year in the UK

We used to swim in ours regularly from May through to the end of October.
It was well worth the effort required, which was not great.

Sorry, Oliver, can't remember the make now, but it was one with metal
panels encasing a sort of rubbery bag that held the water.

Ours was round: there's a limit to how much active swimming you can do in
circles though, so if you can afford an oval one, go for it.

I did some surfing round last year looking for this sort of site, and was
unimpressed: I don't think the UK industry has got much past basic
brochures yet. You might do better taking a selection from web or Yellow
Pages and going round to check them out in person.

I bookmarked this one: http://www.jensen-davies.co.uk/acatalog/

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill