Old 05-08-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default morning glory??

What I've got looks similar to the picture posted. They are mostly
shades of violet to purple, some bluer, some pink. All have the white
throat and violet star. Leaves are heart-shaped as shown. They were
originally planted as garden flowers (40 or so years ago) and have gone
wild. We've planted various seed packets over the years, I always
assumed that's how we got the pink ones. When I was young we only had
purple. They are, or act as, annuals (zone 5-6).

A few years ago we started getting white flowers with arrowhead shaped
leaves, which I now know is bindweed. They may have come in a
wildflower mix, don't know.

Janine

I have a perennial morning glory and it is invasive if I allow it to be. Here
is a photo of it, but the photo shows the flower color to be purple, while the
one I have is no different other than being a deeper true blue than 'Heavenly
Blue' the annual.

http://www.mediterraneangardensociet...oea.indica.cfm

Victoria