Old 01-02-2003, 12:53 PM
King Pineapple

Default Indoor Winter Tomatoes in NH

As I posted a few weeks back, I had taken a tomato sucker last July and
stuck it in a water glass in my kitchen for a few weeks to root. End of
August 2002, I planted it in a 2 gallon pot, and let it stay outside til the
first frost in early October.

I then moved her ("Audrey" became her name, after the plant in "Little Shop
of Horrors") and gave her 16 hours a day of light in my kitchen window (gro
light and natural sun).

I picked my first tomato in mid December, and have picked several more since
then. I currently have 8 ripening tomatoes in varying sizes. And when Audrey
got too big, I cut one of her branches off and decided to try rooting that.
Audrey 2 now has 3 tomatoes of her own!

Only bummer: I have NO idea what variety the plant is! Oh well...

Craig
Meredith, NH USA