Old 05-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Compost ingredients?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:47:36 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

I don't think of tofu as "food," but you probably do. Someone gave me
a soyburger once without telling me what it was. I commented on it
tasting funny. She spat, "It's soy, what's wrong with it??" I said,
"It ain't bad, but I'm a beef cattle rancher." She inspected her shoes,
until her face quit being red.

I do indeed think of tofu as food.

I'll bet you'd think of it as food too if you tried my
recipes for tofu-chocolate mousse or tofu-chocolate pie.
Or pumpkin-tofu cheesecake.

I also like frozen tofu cutlets: the tofu is frozen and
thawed (totally changing its texture), then breaded and
baked or fried, and served with a sauce (usually pasta sauce
in our house).

I'd be happy to email them to you. If you want them, let me
know.

Tofu sucks, IMO. Big salads, OTOH, rock, especially when they come
out of your own garden : )

I can almost live on big salads throughout the summer!

Pat