Old 05-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Siouxzi

Default tomato wilt woes

Laurie, my beautiful Voodoo Lily (amorphophallus) did indeed bloom
early in the summer, died back (as it's supposed to) and then put out
lovely foliage, now about 5 feet tall, and with several small babies
clustered at the bottom! Yes, it stank, but it was not THAT bad and
did not really carry far from the plant. you had to stick your nose in
there to smell it. Am I lucky? It was a beautiful, big, weird purple
flower with that big long scary THANG sticking up out of it!

But the wetness is even causing the ends of the leaves on my voodoo to
rot and turn mushy... :^(

I am so on my way over for berries... as usual, ours are anemic, as
they cannot get enough sun where they're at, even though we cut down
some trees around them... Shoo, mockingbirds!

Cheers
Sue

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:05:36 -0400, "laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)"
wrote:

"Siouxzi" wrote in message
.. .
Sigh... last year we had a wilt problem, but this year it's horrible.
We got a fair crop of nice tomatoes, but there are still a lot of
fruit on the vines, and most of the plants have gone completely brown
and wilted... or nearly so.

Erm, Sue, is your Amorpohphallus blooming? THAT "fragrance" could wilt just
about ANYthing!!!

bwg

Actually the extra rain is culturing lots of fungal and bacterial yuck, my
melon and cuke vines are starting to get pitiful....

laurie

(P.S., hurry over here if you want blueberries, lots of flavor this year,
but the mockingbirds have figured out how to get up under the netting!)