Old 05-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Mark & Shauna

Default Catnip

I would agree, depending on the cats in your area the plant may never
get a chance to get established if they hammer it hard. Some cats
however get no effect from the catnip. We have two cats, one is addicted
the other could care less. I would give it a try, the stuff grows like a
weed anyway so whats it hurt. It may help to start it in a pot then
transplant a large plant as a small plant would be no match for even a
small cat who had the fever.

Mark

dkra wrote:
x-no-archive: yes

In article , John DeBoo
wrote:

So if I were to plant some catnip in my front yard, it would not
*hurt* the cats, right?

On another note I wonder if it would deter or attract the
neighborhood cats...Hmmm...Maybe if I planted it in the neighbors
yard the cats would go there and crap...hmmm...

I once planted some catnip in a pot outside my building. I wondered why
the large healthy plant started developing a flattened appearance, and
then learned that the neighbor's cat had decided to take naps in the pot.

The catnip leaves best exude their lovely, pungent fragrance when they are
damp and/or crushed.

If you plant it out in the ground, depending on the particular tastes of
these cats (not all cats go nuts over catnip) you might find it eaten to
the ground.

-- dkra