Old 05-08-2003, 03:42 PM
BenignVanilla

Default almost black water

"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
om...
"Nedra" wrote in message news
Sue, Yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Your pond will usually cycle at 3 years. Just what I and\
others have found to be true.

Don't have 3 years ... you can keep on beating your head
against that wall :O)

Nedra

Nedra,
OK, so I'll be 61 when my pond clears, finally. So I'll wait, it will
give me something to look foward to, some excitement in my 'elderly
years' )

In the meantime (while I'm still young enough to understand) can
anyone explain to me why, while at my pond I have to wait(3 years)the
pond which we just put into the Botanical Gardens here in my town only
one month before mine, the water is and has been crystal clear after
the first month? We didn't do anything differently there than I do at
home. We don't add anything chemically to the botanical garden pond.
Why don't we have the same 3 year cycle there? The black and white
comparison is why it's so hard for me to understand this whole thing.

I can't say I know. I guess we Nedra to explain what she means by cycle. I
know my pond is just one season old now, and the water has "cycled" which in
my mind means it has built up enough bioligical mass to maintain water
quality. My fish, plants, algae and bacteria are balanced. When I stay OUT
of the pond, my water is gin clear.

BV.