Old 05-08-2003, 04:12 PM
LeeAnne

Default Golden Channel Catfish

I'm glad that others have not had problems w/their cats eating their Koi -
however, from my aquarium experience w/catfish in general the rule is that
if they can fit it in their mouth they will eat it.

Channel cats probably won't try and take a Koi or GF unless they are sick
and are an easy target. And, keep 'em fed.

OTOH, my South American Red Tail Cat (they can grow up to 5 feet)
definitely fit that "if it fits" rule. He didn't quite make it, the
cichlids took him out (and I was ****ed!).

LeeAnne

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Anyone know anything about these critters? One of the local (private) pet
shops has two 18"-ers that they'd like to give to a good home. I think
they'd be OK with my koi, but I'm worried about whether or not they can

take
meds, and what their temp range is. I'd hate to not be able to treat the
pond because of one fish . . .

Lee

--
Lee B.