Old 05-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Lucy

Default armadillos and grubs

Hi!
I think I have an armadillo digging a hole in my flower bed - right up
next to the foundation. And some mornings it looks like someone
jumped with a pogo-stick in my front yard. Someone suggested it was
an armadillo looking for grubs. So I have two questions :-)
1. Any tips on deterring the armadillo? moth balls maybe? putting the
dog's doo doo in the flower bed? having the dog pee in the flower
bed?
2. Anything I can/should do about the grubs? or is it too late in the
season for that? We water about every 4 or 5 days when it hasn't
rained, but I don't really want to stop watering to kill the grubs.

I suggested my husband sit on the front porch with his 9-iron one
night and wait for the culprit. That idea didn't go over too well (he
was mostly not wanting to damage his 9-iron!). So I was hoping ya'll
would have some good ideas!

Thanks!