Old 05-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Jutta

Default goldfinch

how nice for you - in my part of Canada (near Toronto) we have them in large
numbers all summer long. I recommend you buy niger seeds for them and you
will get many more. J.

paghat wrote:

In article ,
arden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

yes, I saw my first goldfinch this week!

Just wanted to share with some like minded gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

We were visited by a goldfinch earlier this year but haven't seen one
since. They're our state bird but, alas, are getting awfully close to
extinct west of the Cascades, so to have such a visitor is a rare treat,
though as a child I remember spotting them all the time.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/