Old 05-08-2003, 11:02 PM
nblomgren

Default Repeated infestations. Yuck.

There's an unidentified shrub in our backyard that's subject to
repeated infestations of tiny white parasites. I've sprayed it with a
general insecticide -- this knocked it out last year, but seems only
to have slowed things down this year. (We've had strange weather --
mums and magnolias flowering at the same time; middle Tennessee, Zone
6.)

I'm not sure what to do. Not knowing what the plant or bugs are is a
big part of the problem. The other is that I don't know if this shrub
is appropriate where it's planted -- does it need a lot of sun? Dry
soil? Moist?

Should I take it out and plant something more pest resistant?
Is there hope for saving it?
If I don't take it out, how can I prevent a similar infestation next
year?

Pictures are he
http://www.fussychicken.com/infested.htm

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated. I'm still learning how to
manage what the previous owners of the house planted....

Thanks!

--Nan