Old 06-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Anne Lurie

Default pond filter

Ingrid,

I think this is the first time I've ever seen your pond, and I really like
the set-up -- not to mention the totally cool hanging fish (copper?
terracotta?)

Is that a walkway between the pond & the house? (I couldn't quite tell from
the pix.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

wrote in message
there is nothing complicated at all.. just get plants that will live in

the filter.
they do need quite a bit of sun, but for a start water celery will grow

anywhere. I
was advised to use different plants as they each pull out different

things.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/ponds/8-2003.html
there is one roll of filtering material in the first part of the veggie

filter, it
and the whole filter gets cleaned in fall when I take most of the plants

in. the
water celery is not taken in. I start a new bunch each year. it grows

like crazy.
it is the big green batch in the lower right picture. Ingrid

I tried a veggie filter before this and I just wasted a bunch of money
on plants that died. I'm not saying veggie filters don't work but I
think it's more complicated than what people say.

Matt

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com