Old 06-08-2003, 12:04 AM
fmurl

Default Cordyline puzzle

"Eric" wrote:

I would like to separate it to grow on as a new plant and although I have
done a great deal of plant propagation over the years, I really don't know
how to tackle this! Would some kind of layering be the answer, perhaps.

I'm surprised no-one has jumped in on this one.

My Cordyline was frost damaged last year, but I left it planted anyway.
Suddenly this spring it started growing again, and around the bottom of the
trunk were many of these 'suckers'. I sliced them off close to the trunk -
sorry, I forget where I read this - and now have fourteen new cordylines
all growing happily.

Nothing special. JI No.2 and Sharp Sand, a little water and plenty of sun
in 4" pots.

Looks like the family will be getting Cordylines whether they want them or
not. ;-)

fmurl