Old 06-08-2003, 12:22 AM
john rutz

Default pond filter

MattR wrote:

BenignVanilla wrote:

I tried a veggie filter before this and I just wasted a bunch of money

I am interested to hear more about this, as my VF is my only filtration.

Long story short: I built a 1300 gallon pond with 2 small koi and 4
shibunkin late one year.

sniped for brevity

People may tell you what works for them but it might not work for you
because, I suspect, people don't know what's going on in their own
ponds. However, pond store people know less so I'd stick with rec.ponds,
and add a grain of salt.

Matt

Mat
I have bought a bunch of plants on line and more here localy, on
line the y are much cheaper cost wise, yes

but they are also a lot smaller and have minimal roots, the ones I
have that survived (10 out of 100 plants) I had to put in the greenhouse
and nurse to growing size

I find its cheaper in the long run to pay more for a good healthy plant
that you can keep than the same for 10 or so that dont make it

my pennys worth
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico