Old 06-08-2003, 01:42 AM
spun 12

Default Dark brown ALGEA on my swords!

Because you have such a brightly-lit tank, you may need to add more

Flourish,
etc., than the label says. The best way to do this is to let your plants be
your guide. If they look pale, they probably need more fertilizer. It's not
uncommon for people to have to add four times as much as the label says, or
even more, for a high-tech tank with a lot of plants in it. Each tank is
different, so you'll have to experiment to see what works best for you.

Should a tank like mine be pearling everday w/ proper fert and co2?
Will the change either good or bad be noticed within a few days. So I
will know if I am overdosing or underdosing?

You should also make sure that a lot of your plants are
fast-growing stem
plants. Cabomba, Limnophila, Bacopa, Rotala, water sprite, Hygrophila, etc.
It's the fast-growing plants that are best at outcompeting the algae.
Especially at the beginning, you should have a lot of fast growers.

I have some rotala and sunset hygro that Ive had for a month and has already needed triming.The swords and sags are the problem.40 plants worth is quite ugly.
Matt