Old 06-08-2003, 04:12 AM

Default Looking for a good commercial mower

I think you have to consider whether you're looking for a push mower
with a single blade, one with multiple blades, a sulky type, or a true
rider with a flaoting bed. I once had a Murray rider and when my
neighbor, a pro landscaper, bet me a case of beer that he could mow my
lawn faster with his aluminum deck, non-propelled pusher, I took him
up on it. And I lost the bet.

Needless to say, I sold the tractor, which of course needed 30
maneuvers to do what he did with 5. And I bought a BobCat aluminum
deck professional mower with a rigid trapdoor grass catcher. I used
that mower for 10 years, then sold it to a local landscaper for as
much as I paid for it new. I started traveling too much and couldn't
keep up. So now I have time and I bought a Honda Harnony.

My nephew in NJ had a Scag, think it was around a 36" cut, and it was
extremely well made. Many pros use Scags.

Mike

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:15:49 GMT, "Allen Pepper"
wrote:

I'm in the market for a commercial mower and didn't know if anyone could
lend any advice on them. I've only looked at the cub commercial mowers and
have been impressed with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen