Old 06-08-2003, 09:22 AM
dstvns

Default Potato yeild

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:40:17 GMT, Mark & Shauna wrote:

What are those in the group getting for a yeild on potatoes? In pounds
of harvest compared to pounds planted.

I can't really say. I plant whatever is rooting in the kitchen
cabinet, it grows, and then just before the hard winter freeze dig em
all up Aren't potatoes great? They must be one of the best
plants to grow, especially when you've dug the garden up right (the
potato area is dug very deeply down 18-20" full of compost). I would
say for every pound maybe I get back 5, but it's only a very small
area (~200 sq feet). The leftovers get thrown back into the garden in
early spring.

Dan