Old 06-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Jim Webster

Default GMO biz vs consumers

"Walter Epp" wrote in message
http://www.voteyeson27.com/Counterpoints1.pdf
This does not mention the possibility that labeling could increase jobs,

if you increase jobs, the extra people employed need paying, which increases
costs.

reduce costs of selling overseas,

by taking on more paid employees

and make Oregon more competitive.

Yep, we Europeans will not by stuff from Oregon because it is too cheap, but
if you jack the price up we are going to fall over ourselves to buy it

As Consumers Union points out in its letter supporting labeling, "Europe,
Japan, South Korea, China, Australia and New Zealand all have mandatory
labeling requirements, and a labeling law in Oregon would put the state in
a good position to sell products in those markets."

No problem, all you have to do is put on the label 'may contain gm' and no
one will take any notice of it anyway
Jim Webster