Old 06-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Bob

Default Bindweed problem

Ellen Connell ] wrote in message . uk...
The easiest way to get rid of it?

Depends where it is - I had a bindweed problem along our garden fence,
at the back of our borders. I put down a 2ft wide strip of anti-weed
membrane stapled to the bottom of the fence along its full length.
The bindweed used loads of energy trying to find a way out. I pulled
up any that did escape (weekly check), and a couple of weeks ago, I
lifted the membrane and removed the masses of shoots and roots that
hadn't made it.

I've had minimal bindweed problems compared to other years. From now
on, a once-a-week check and removal of any that has appeared will
probably suffice. Now if only the Roundup would hurry up and finish
off the brambles...

Bob