Old 06-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Lynda Thornton

Default Borage (Off Topic - Top Posting discussion)

In article , The Reid
writes
Following up to Jeff Coles

Poor Mike Read only got a couple of replies before the
thread went barmy!)

Its OK, i'm enjoying the same old top/bottom debate, just with
different people :-)
I shall put some borage seed in next spring and assume it will self
seed the way it appears to have done on a neighbouring allotment,
perhaps one day I will get a chance to ask the owner. It slighlty
amazes me that there are several other allotmenters I have only ever
seen once or twice even though I go all different times.

Hi

I'm not top-posting because you should be able to see my response with
no probs! We had borage on our allotment some years ago, which I
planted from seed, and it grew to over 5ft high, had absolutely masses
of flowers and was covered in bees! It also self-seeded along with the
nasturtiums and a large part of the allotment turned into a field of
nasturtiums with borage!! I've grown some borage in large pots this
year, just stuffed a few seeds in and they all germinated and are now
about 2-3ft high and full of lovely flowers, so easy to grow and such
spectactular plants, very good value. I didn't plant them until late
June or early July (can't quite remember now) and took a chance, which
worked as we've had a lot of hot weather I suppose. I planted Empress
of India nasturtiums around them (dark red) but they haven't flowered
yet although they have grown well enough, so I live in hope!

Lynda