Old 06-08-2003, 11:12 AM
al

Default Plants for new garden at this time of year?

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
Really don't recommend buying trees or shrubs now. You will be watering
them like mad for the next couple of months, and they will do just as well
(or better) if you leave getting them till the autumn.

I'm watering like mad at the moment anyway with the new grass ;o)

I take your point though, might leave it for a month or so ...

You could buy some potted drought-tolerant things like lavender, rosemary,
sedums for your sunny area - they should settle in OK, though you'll have
to remember to water them from time to time till they are properly
established.

I shall Google up a few pics for them! Have some lavendar in the front at
the moment, it's doing quite well despite the sun like you say. Any ideas
for cheering up the empty flowerbeds?