Old 06-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Mike

Default Curly hoses

In article , Serendipity
writes
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:07:41 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Has anyone tried those stretch hosepipes like a spring coil, and would
you recommend them?

Janet (Tired of unwinding and rewinding the hose).

I found that if the 50 ft of hose could open in
a straght line they were OK. However, the
moment it has to go round a corner, the problems
start. Kinks and stoppages occur. If I were you
Janet I suggest that you speak to someone who
has a hose which has a reel which has a wind-back
handle on it if you wish to avoid man-handling lengths
of hose.

I have one of these and very pleased with it. Hozelock Wall Mounted Reel
723/1078 £24.99 in the Argos catalogue and the 50 metre hose (to reach
the bottom of the Garden and out to the car) 723/1171 £29.99 in Argos.

Only draw back, once fully extended, the winding mechanism is hard to
work it you try to pull the lot back with just the handle. Best to bring
hose back in loops so it is only pulling a short distance.

Mike

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT LIFE, THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:
When your Mum is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.