Old 06-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Using bones for fertilizer?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:07:06 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

Over here we simply cannot do the small scale farming required for "self
sufficency". To get 5 or 6 acres of land we talk in terms of 1/3rd
million UKP min (thats about 1/2 million US$). Many of us would very
much like to have a small holding with veggies, chickens, pigs and a
couple of cows.

Even in northern Scotland? How about North Yorkshire?

Neither has a climate obviously good for farming and/or
gardening, but people do it successfully in similar
climates.

Much of the USA is colder than northern Scotland and by
quite a bit.

Pat