Old 06-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Kay Easton

Default The fig thread returns!

In article , Victoria
Clare writes
"JennyC" wrote in -
berlin.de:

I'm a bit worried about the masses of second crop fruit. Will it ripen
in time ???????
With the weather forecast warning of a summer long heatwave they just
might :~)))

And if not, it *might* hold onto them over the winter. My young tree had
its first proper fig late last year, and it finally ripened last month. It
was gorgeous!

My fig - not in a pot, but in a small bed in the middle of the terrace
in pretty ropey soil, has just ripened a couple of small figs -
delicious but small. This is early compared with last year, and some of
the second crop are now hazelnut size, so I'm hoping!

Tree is now covered in new little figs, so I don't know if those will do
the same thing. Wonder if I should remove them now to encourage it to 'fig
up' earlier next year?

I've never thought of doing that. If anyone has, or if you do, I'd be
interested to know if it is effective.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: